Monday, December 25, 2006

Glueing the ribs/spine


I glued the ribs to the keel of the board. I dryfitted all of them before glueing. In order to get them in with the glue, however, I needed to use a rubber hammer. Instead of looking down the spine to make sure all the ribs were level, I held one end up and put the other on the ground. I slowly moved my hand towards the floor. If a rib didn't hit the floor uniformly I knew that it was out of line. This may be a little hard to understand. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it went as well as possible.

I looked at my bottom planks and saw that, towards the front, one of the boards is out of line. I think I'll be able to sand the entire piece down a little bit to fix it. I really wish I could put the whole thing into a thickness planer and make it perfectly smooth.

No comments: